The purpose of the archives is to collect and preserve items related to the history of BC High. The collection follows the school’s beginning in 1863 when Boston College and the high school were one institution, to their split in 1913, to the movement of the school to Morrissey Boulevard in 1950, and finally its history at Morrissey Boulevard to the present.
The physical collection includes:
- Yearbooks, Botolphians, The Eagle newspaper, Catalogs, Alumni magazines
- Twenty-two original paintings of former Boston College High Presidents
- Dozens of scrapbooks ranging from the 1890’s to the 1980’s
- Diaries of the principals, Board of Trustees papers, Correspondences of the President
- Old textbooks
- Miscellaneous items such as old Mite Boxes, sports programs, graduation programs and speeches, Hall of Fame posters, trophies, student literary magazines, etc.
- Thousands of photographs
Many of the photographs have been digitized and can be found at BC High Archives on Flickr
. Virtually all the photographs have been tagged making it easy to search through them.