Dedicated on November 9, 2009, the Veterans Wall of Honor at Boston College High School is located on campus in the breezeway corridor between the Hunter-Fahey Commons and Cadigan Hall. It serves as a reminder to all who view it of the sacrifices that so many BC High graduates made for freedom.
The Veterans Wall of Honor was made possible by the generosity of Philip M. Byrne '58, and is intended to be an educational piece as well as a memorial, the monument traces American military involvement from the school's founding in 1863 to the present day. Woven throughout the timeline are the personal stories of many of BC High's own students, faculty, and alumni who fought and died for their country.
Peppered with period photographs culled from the school's archives, the wall brings to life the stories of these brave men – including several of the school's Jesuit faculty – who answered the call to serve their country. The accompanying plaque features the names of the 65 BC High alumni and faculty who died while in service in the United States Armed Forces. Their model of selfless service inspires all that we do at BC High.