Assistant Director of Alumni Programs
Reports to: Senior Director of Alumni & Family Engagementment/Annual Giving
The Assistant Director of Alumni Programs serves as a key member of the Advancement team by developing broad-reaching engagement opportunities for BC High’s Alumni Network and securing annual gift support for the School. With guidance from the Senior Director, the Assistant Director will create new programs to increase young alumni participation in the Fund for BC High and expand existing programs including BC Hire/Career Connections, internship and mentorship programs, and the Senior Class Gift program, to maximize philanthropic support for BC High’s mission.
• Under the supervision of the Sr. Director, the Asst. Director will oversee the BC Hire Career Connections Program, collaborating across school departments and Centers to increase internship portfolio and expand participation for BC High students and alumni.
• In collaboration with Sr. Director, secure new BC Hire host employers through events, referrals and 1:1 outreach, steward relationships with current employers to ensure renewal of internships.
• Create, maintain and promote digital job board, track BC Hire contacts and data and prepare updates and reports as requested.
• Work directly with students both in 1:1 and group settings on career-readiness programs, including interview coaching, resume review, networking and LinkedIn, collaborating with Guidance on career-focused programs and events.
• Serve as primary staff liaison for Young Alumni Advisory Council, including planning and executing annual Council meetings and calls.
• Assist Sr. Director in coordinating mentorship programs, networking opportunities, and events to engage young alumni including Reunions, Homecoming Week and other Advancement programs.
• Assist Sr. Director in managing BC High’s Class Agent Program
• Manage a portfolio of 200 young alumni donors, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors to meet renewal and reactivation targets.
• Coordinate annual Senior Class Gift program, including committee recruitment, student education, solicitations, and stewardship.
• Represent Advancement as needed in broader School programs including Commencement, Enrollment, and Orientation events
• Other duties as assigned; some travel and weekend/evening work is required
• Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of experience in a development and/or alumni relations office preferred.
• Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal skills and a sense of humor is required.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills required.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, digital communication tools, and databases is required. Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge fundraising software is preferred.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively; ability to handle multiple projects with high attention to organization and detail; ability to travel and work outside of regular business hours when necessary.
• Experience in event and/or volunteer management strongly preferred.
Applicants with diverse backgrounds and/or experiences are encouraged to apply. BC High is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to:
Manager, People and Culture
Boston College High School
150 Morrissey Boulevard
Boston, MA 02125
617-474-5026 | [email protected]