What information do we collect?
Through your use of this Website, we may collect the following types of information:
• Information you provide to us: In completing certain forms on our Website, you may be asked to provide personal information, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, year of graduation, and/or telephone number (“personally identifiable information” or “PII”). The choice whether to provide such information is entirely optional.
• Information gathered automatically: As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. These may include details about your visits to the Website and the resources that you access and use on the Website. This may also include information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
How do we use the information we collect from you?
Our primary purpose in collecting information from visitors to the Website is to improve the information offered on the Website.
We also use information to assist us in promoting Boston College High School to the public and to better communicate with members of the BC High community. The information we collect is used for a variety of reasons, including:
• Directory information, including the online alumni community.
• Communicating with you to let you know about BC High events and updates (including alumni events).
• General Fundraising.
• Conducting surveys of BC High community members; and
• Promoting services we may offer to alumni.
We will not share, sell, rent, swap, or authorize any third party to use your email addresses for commercial purposes without your permission.
User information may be shared with our third-party vendors to the extent necessary to provide and improve web services or other communications to users. For example:
We may provide your information to third parties in circumstances where we believe that doing so is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; or protect our rights and safety and the rights and safety of our users or others.
Notice of Rights
Every user of the Website is entitled to the following:
The right to access: You have the right to request copies of your PII from BC High.
The right to rectification: You have the right to request correction of PII that you believe is inaccurate. Where you believe the information is incomplete, you have the right to complete the information.
The right to erasure: You have the right to request that BC High delete your PII, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that BC High restrict the processing of your PII, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to BC High’s processing of your PII, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability: You have the right to request that BC High transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we will respond within one month. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us (see “Contact Information,” below).
Disclosure of PII
BC High may disclose PII to respond to legal requirements and enforce our School rules and policies. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share PII with:
• Third-party vendors who process donations or other financial transactions conducted via the Website;
• Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relation to an investigation or alleged illegal activity;
• Third parties that provide a valid subpoena or court order; or
• Third parties as requested or authorized by you (or your parent or guardian if you are a minor).
Visitors to Website from Outside the United States
BC High and its website are located within the United States. If you are accessing the Website from the European Union, other countries in Europe, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from U.S. laws, please be advised that your continued use of the site indicates your consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of the United States regarding the use, disclosure, and storage of information that you provide to us through the Website. Your personal information may be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities in the United States, without notice to you and without the knowledge or consent of the School. The laws in the U.S. may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using our site and services, you agree that the applicable laws in the U.S. will govern the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your information. If you do not agree to these terms, do not use this site or our services.
This Website has no intention of collecting PII from individuals under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website. If we learn we have collected or received PII from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Pursuant to the School’s Written Information Security Program (WISP), we have implemented measures designed to secure your PII from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls.
BC High will retain information provided to us in accordance with the School’s usual procedures and timelines for retaining and deleting data.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee the security of your PII transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of PII is at your own risk.
BC High is not responsible for any circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
You may send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any PII that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.